(SWACHCHTA PAKHWADA, UGC)
23RD JANUARY 2020
11:00 am to 11:30 am
REPORT PREPARED BY:PROF. SONALI JOSHI, ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, TIMR
REPORT VERIFIED BY:DR. RAVINDRA GADGE, DIRECTOR, TIMR
1. EVENT DETAILS
|Event Type||Student and Faculty driven activity|
|Description||Under the Aegis of UGC, Swachchta Pakhwada|
|Day & Date||Thursday, 23rd January 2020|
|Duration||11:00 to 11:30 am|
|Program Co-ordinators||Prof. Sonali Joshi|
2. CONCEPT OF THE PROGRAM
Swachhata Pakhwada started in April 2016 with the objective of bringing a fortnight of intense focus on the issues and practices of Swachhata by engaging GOI Ministries/Departments in their jurisdictions. In India Prime Minister Narendra Modi has started this campaign called Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
An annual calendar is pre-circulated among the Ministries to help them plan for the Pakhwada activities.
The Ministries observing Swachhata Pakhwada are monitored closely using online monitoring system of Swachhata Samiksha where action plans, images, videos related to Swachhata activities are uploaded and shared.
After observing Swachhata Pakhwada, Ministries/ Departments announce their achievements through a press conference and other communication tools. This is the ultimate way to achieve success in many fields as well as to enhance the economic growth of the country.
This is the biggest hope for the change in India against unhygienic to remove all the dirt from the country. Now, there are many peoples who took a step ahead to make awareness and clean the city and country. Each and every person should take the responsibility to clean their homes and surroundings clean. The efforts in this direction are started in very fast mode. Everyone must take an effort to make awareness among the people about the importance and effects of cleanliness.
- To bring about an improvement in the general quality of life, by promoting cleanliness, and hygiene.
- To accelerate sanitation coverage in rural areas to achieve the vision of Swachh Bharat.
- To sensitize and ensure good health and hygiene by providing women and children with awareness on clean and safe environment, personal health, hygiene and good practices including hand washing on cleanliness, in order to create safe, healthy, clean and green environment.
- To sensitize the students on the importance and necessity of cleanliness and hygiene as factors and our reflection as accountable citizens of the country.
4. RESOURCE PERSON
Under the guidance of Director TIMR, Dr. Ravindra Gadge, Prof. Sonali Joshi arranged for the event.
5. PREPARATION OF THE EVENT
The event was prepared in congruence with the instructions from MHRD and UGC along with all students and staff.
|1||Assembly of the students and Teaching and Non Teaching Faculty at Patio||11:00 AM|
|2||Opening address by Prof. Sonali Joshi||11:00 to 11:05 AM|
|3||Address by Director TIMR, Dr. Ravindra Gadge||11:05 to 11:15 am|
|4||Reading and Honouring the Pledge||11:15 to 11:30 am|
|5||Dispersal from the event||11:30 am|
6. PROGRAM SCHEDULE
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- All the students reported at the Patio at 10:50 am for the event.
- The students were then addressed by Prof Sonali Joshi informing them about the theme and the flow of the event.
- Director TIMR, Dr Ravindra Gadge then shared his views with the students regarding the Swachchta Pakhwada and the Swachchta Pledge. He also emphasized on the importance of adopting cleanliness and hygienic habits and its lasting effects on the generations to come.
- The Director then read the pledge which resonated with everyone present at the event.
- CONTRIBUTION OF TIMR MANAGEMENT
Management was very supportive and further encouraged the students to participate in such activities in future too and also support the government in its initiatives.
- Swachchta Pledge – Annexure 1
- PHOTOGRAPHS :- The event was captured well with the help of photographs (Annexure 2)
ANNEXURE 1 – SWACHCHTA PLEDGE